Frequently Asked Eviction Questions:

What does an eviction cost?
Many factors impact the total cost of an eviction, such as property location and the number of steps or services required.  Our total fee for an eviction is usually $600.00 or less  You will also be required to pay expenses such as the court's and sheriff's fees.

How long does an eviction take?
The average eviction can take up to six weeks.

Do I have to go to court?
When you hire us, we go to court for you.  If your tenant contests your case and requires a show cause hearing, you must attend that hearing with an attorney.  Our attorney will represent you at the show cause hearing as part of our set fee.


Can I serve my own notice?
Yes.  You are allowed to serve your notice.  However, there are specific procedures that you must follow when serving a notice. Read our How to Give a Notice Quicksheet for instructions.  Using the wrong notice or failing to serve it correctly can cause your case to be dismissed.

What notice should I use?
The three most common notices in Washington are a notice to pay rent or vacate, a notice to comply or vacate, and a notice of termination of tenancy.  A Fourteen Day Notice to Pay Rent or Vacate is for rent only.  A Ten Day Notice to Comply or Vacate is for behavioral problems.  A Notice of Termination of Tenancy is to end a tenancy at the end of a rental period and generally requires one of 16 statutory causes.  There are exceptions and special situations, for example, when your tenant is arrested for criminal activity, when your lease has special requirements, or if your tenancy is exempt from the for cause requirement.

Should I accept payment from my tenant?

If you accept any payment from your tenant or anyone paying on his or her behalf, we are usually required to stop work on your case. However, if you issue a pay or vacate notice, you are required to accept full payment until 5 court days after any judgment is awarded. What constitutes full payment depends on when it is tendered. You are never required to accept partial payment. After serving a notice to comply or vacate or a notice of termination of tenancy, you are not required to accept full or partial payment.

Can I talk directly to an attorney?
Yes.  Our experienced staff can assist you with most situations as part of our set fee services.  If you wish, or if your situation requires it, you can meet directly with an attorney for an hourly fee.

Can I come in and discuss things personally instead of over the phone?
Yes.  Our experienced staff can assist you with most situations over the phone or by e-mail.  You can discuss the matter in person, but you must schedule in advance to make sure we have someone available.

Will you collect a debt from my tenant?

If your current tenant owes you money, we can issue the appropriate notice that requires him or her to pay.  The tenant must pay you directly or move out.  If a former tenant owes you money, we can collect on any judgment you hold against him or her.  If you do not have a judgment, you must obtain one before we can attempt to recover that debt.

Do I have to pay a deposit or opening fee?
No.  Our services are provided on a set fee basis.  You can use us as much or as little as you would like.  We bill for each service when ordered and do not require any advance deposit.

Check our our Quicksheets

Do you have more questions?

Are you ready to order services?

*All information displayed on the LT Services website is informational and shall not be deemed as legal advice.  If you would like legal representation or advice, please contact us through e-mail or by phone.  Until an attorney-client relationship has been established, no information you provide is privileged or confidential.